Garlic is a form of food ingredient that features a strong flavor and is just like the onion. Garlic grows underground in bulbs covered in white skins. It is a popular ingredient in food worldwide. It is also used in herbal medicine.
The flavour of garlic is quite strong. It could be pungent so it is advisable to consume garlic when cooked. Garlic can be added to various types of dishes. It maintains flavor regardless of the approach to cooking.
It will maintain flavor if cuisine is roasted, boiled, fried and braised. Therefore, it is a reliable strategy to flavor the meat. There are many varieties of garlic. It’s possible to cut garlic cloves into smaller pieces before cooking. They may also be pressed by using a garlic press.
Kinds of garlic and their uses
There are many varieties of garlic that one can use. They include
- Silver-skin garlic: This is a form of garlic that’s easily recognizable because shiny, sliver-like skin. Some varieties of this type use a rose tinted skin too. The silver-skin is easy to develop and could be stored for nearly a year from the right conditions. Moreover, it possesses a strong flavor and is also best used in soups.
- Soft-neck garlic: It possesses a creamy white skin that has many cloves regarding the central the main bulb. The cloves get smaller and smaller as one gets more detailed the central.
- Artichoke garlic: This sort includes a mild flavor. It’s got large cloves which aren’t many in number. Also, the artichoke garlic will surely have purple spots or streaks in their skin. This kind of garlic might be stored and may stay fresh for up to eight months from the proper conditions.
- Rocambole garlic: This sort includes a full flavor and is also an easy task to peel. Moreover, it might stay fresh for 6 months when stored properly. The rocambole has few cloves arranged throughout the central stalk of the garlic.
- Porcelain garlic: It features large cloves which has a smooth, white skin. It possesses a strong flavor and is also best useful for stews. It is because the massive cloves add volume for the stew.Kinds of garlic presses
There are many varieties of garlic presses http://www.amazon.com/Crusher-Premium-Stainless-Dishwasher-Crushing/dp/B00JJOEV9Y/ie=UTF8?m=A1H5UW6MI3HCO6&keywords=garlic+press. These come in various sizes and shapes. Keeping the right type plays a big role in how the garlic may ultimately appear like from the food. They include:
- Spring garlic press: this type of press includes a spring that ejects the pressed clove via a mesh once the handles are pressed. It really is suitable for pressing mid-sized and small cloves.
- Hammer garlic press: this press utilizes a hammer that presses the cloves via a mesh. The scale or variety of cloves that could be pressed during a period depends upon how big the pressing chamber.
- Weighted garlic press: this press includes a weight attached to one of many handles. Thus, when they’re pressed together, the body weight adds force to the strength of the person.
This makes pressing garlic easier. If these factors are considered, it will be a breeze to find the right garlic press that can are very effective.